You are about to open a gas retail business but do not know what to prepare, how much capital is required to open a gas store. Let’s find out the procedure for opening a gas store and the necessary conditions in the content of the article.
1. Conditions for opening a gas store
Unlike other retail businesses such as clothing, shoes, or clean food, the conditions for opening a gas retail store are quite strict. According to Article 13 of Decree 19/2016/ND-CP dated 22/03/2016 on gas trading, your store must meet the following conditions:
- Owned by traders being gas agents or general agents or LPG wholesalers.
- Meet the safety conditions on fire prevention and fighting.
- Managers and employees directly doing business must be trained in fire prevention and fighting and safety according to current regulations.
- For bottled LPG stores, the location must conform to the planning approved by the competent authority.
Gas store employees must be trained in fire prevention and fighting
2. What procedures do you need to open a gas store?
Step 1: Establish a business household at the District People’s Committee
Step 2: To apply for a Certificate of eligibility to trade in liquefied petroleum gas for bottled LPG stores at the Department of Industry and Trade, the dossier includes:
- Application form for the Certificate of eligibility for liquefied petroleum gas business for bottled LPG stores
- Copy of business household registration certificate.
- A copy of the Certificate of eligibility to act as an LPG general agent or the Certificate of satisfaction of LPG export and import conditions or the Certificate of eligibility to act as an LPG distributor.
You need to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility for Liquefied Petroleum Gas Business
In case a trader who has been granted a Certificate of eligibility to act as an LPG agent, when applying for a Certificate of eligibility to trade in liquefied petroleum gas for a bottled LPG store, a copy of the Certificate of eligibility for LPG trading must be added. be eligible to act as LPG trading agents.
- Documents evidencing the satisfaction of fire prevention and fighting safety conditions.
- Copies of certificates or equivalent papers on professional training in fire prevention and fighting and safety.
- For stores specializing in bottled LPG, it is required to add documents to prove that the location is consistent with the planning approved by the competent authority.
You pay the appraisal fee: 400,000 VND. Within thirty working days from the date of receipt of a complete and valid dossier, the Department of Industry and Trade will issue a Certificate of eligibility for liquefied petroleum gas business to the bottled LPG store.
What procedures should be prepared to open a gas retail store?
3. Open a gas shop – Note in the process of gas business
– The certificate of eligibility is valid for 5 years from the date of renewal. At the end of the above period, you must proceed to renew the Certificate of Eligibility. The certificate of eligibility is renewed only once and has a validity period of 5 years.
– Do not buy or sell bottled LPG of no origin, not in accordance with the contract. Only sell bottled LPG that meets the conditions for market circulation; not sell bottled LPG of other traders outside the contract; do not sell refillable mini bottle LPG.
– Do not seize LPG bottles of other LPG traders.
– Hanging signboards and logos of LPG wholesalers with whom the store-owner traders sign agency contracts; Signboards must be fully and clearly written in accordance with the provisions of law.
Opening a gas store needs to pay attention to comply with the regulations on signs
– Posting and selling at the correct listed price of bottled LPG prescribed by the principal.
– Implement the regime of recording invoices and documents according to regulations of the Ministry of Finance.
4. How much capital does it take to open a gas business?
Preliminary calculation of each gas tank is about 300,000 VND.
10 gas cylinders will cost about 3 million. 100 gas cylinders will need about 30 million dong to import goods. Small gas dealers will range from 100 gas cylinders to 500 gas cylinders, the capital will be from 30 million to 150 million.
The average gas agent will range from 500 to 1000 cylinders, the capital needs is about 300 million. For large dealers, it can be from 1000 gas cylinders to 10,000 gas cylinders taken from the company for about 3 billion VND. The gas tank cover we calculate it is equal to the gas money 250 – 300k / tank.
You need to prepare a relatively large amount of capital to open a gas retail store
As a high-value item, the initial investment is not small, plus the cost of renting space and promoting the product with billboards or leaflets… for initial introduction.
Next is the cost of 6 million VND to invest in gas store management sales software to capture details of revenues and expenditures, goods … the minimum amount of capital you need is also up to hundreds of millions. However, due to its convenience, this is an essential item for most families, so you don’t have to worry about the consumer market.
How to accurately manage daily sales, product inventory, sales orders…
👉 WATCH NOW
Be sure to ensure product safety, ready to fix any error even the smallest to ensure the safety of yourself and customers. This is a vital condition in the gas business because it both creates trust for customers about the product and enhances its position in the market.
Today, when fire safety is put on the scale to evaluate and choose, try to become a reliable choice for customers. Open a gas store, you should choose for yourself reputable suppliers as well as a good service for customers, then surely your gas business will completely have a solid foothold in the business market in general. or the gas market in particular!
Please register to try the Sapo POS sales management software that is being chosen by most business store owners today to experience the useful sales support features!